Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sorry for Cheating on You, Alfredo

I've actually changed filling up my tank to another gas station. Better Price? Nope. Better location? Nope, further even.

The reason?

Alfredo, behind the thick security window. He would always recognize my car and have my $10 3-pack of Marlborough Menthols ready for me. Always with a smile and that sexy accent greeting me.

But I've been cheating on him. I've been going to a different station for the last 45 days that I've haven't bought cigs. Couldn't stand the guilt that I couldn't see him anymore and that I didn't have the balls to tell him it's over between us. It's hard to end a relationship that's brought me so much pleasure. And this morning I did that crappy gutless move... went to my old gas station, ignored him, and even kept my back to him.

Alfredo, it's for the better. You may hate me now, but you'll realize in the end that it's for the best. I'll never forget you.

No comments: