Friday, June 22, 2007

Why I Don't Need One

Day 6 of not having a cigarette. I chose to quit last Saturday morning because it was the day after my birthday. What better gift to give myself then the gift of health. That's what I was thinking then. Now, Friday afternoon before the weekend festivities are to begin, I ask, "What the hell was I thinking."

What to do with all this free time not taking smoking breaks? This, and eat. Eat a lot. Four donut holes, a chocolate sprinkle donut, and sugar covered one within 3 hours at the office today. The half gallon ice cream last few nights (hey, at least it was the cherry soy cream from TJ's instead of the full fat one). Or the Porto's (cuban pastry/sandwich) stop on the way home from Burbank airport. The media noche, two potato balls, two pastries, and small loaf of bread didn't even make it to Muholland Dr...that's 30 minutes of eating in traffic.

So, good bye 145 lb frame, because, no, you don't really need one, cigarette, that is.

No comments: